Monday, August 01, 2005

Cuz I've been BUSY that's why....

A fellow geek who just so happens to be in a kitchen asked why I hadn't updated my blog in a while - See aforementioned title to this particular "bit"...

So...I'm not doing the fire extinguisher thing anymore because it was determined that getting blasted in the face with chemicals once or twice weekly would be contusive to a sick Lewis. I informed my boss that I had a borrowed kidney and they understood - I got my last check from then and went home - relieved. The last thing I need is for my kidney to go bad while trying to "save lives" - Not to sound selfish, here, but ME FIRST!

Noelle's working for Administaff and as an HR staffing solution; they have more than 80K employees. Yes you read that right - Eighty Thousand. As an orientation rep, Noelle gets to fly to Arizona a lot, not to mention L.A. and all parts of the bay area. Seeing as how Administaff has been growing like a weed, they need help - lots of it. Not just your regular help, the administrative crap that takes more time than is necessary. That's where I come in.

My job started as a one-week assignment working with a lady with whom I rode Big Wheels when I was 5 years old. This one-week assignment hasn't ended yet and it doesn't look like it will either. Come the end of August, my "offsite" status at one of our client's buildings (Netflix), will end and I'll be likely nabbed up by the next desperately over-loaded person either in Walnut Creek or San Mateo - there's a third office somewhere in this region, I just haven't seen it yet - give them time, I'll be working out of it soon enough....

Oh by the way - this one-week thing has lasted two and a half months now.

All this "doing the legwork" for labor intensive projects has landed me the self-appointed nick-name of "Company Slave" - which is fine by me because I get to work 7 and a half hours a day for more than most "temps" in my position usually get.

So the long and the short of it is that Noelle and I finally got a weekend filled with fun and frivolity - at long last!

We garage saled, went to a drive in to see Charlie and the Chocolate factory, (damn-good representation with just the right amount of Burton-esque quirkiness), ate out, (a rarity), and Noelle did something that would make most guys faint - she bought a 3 wood and we did the back 9 at Deep Cliff in Cupertino.

It's official, we don’t' suck as much as we thought at golf!

More later because, well, it's supposed to be a blog, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home