Friday, August 19, 2005

COMLPIANCE!

No, folks, I'm not talking about training hamsters. I'm talking about my job.

For those of you who know me well, there are three things that make my CRAZY.

  1. Paper clips
  2. Faxes
  3. and Excel spreadsheets

I am working at "a client"through "a company", (which, in my opinion is the best company I have ever worked for), and I am helping a woman who is doing a project which has been described as "what Imodium is for" because doesn't seem to have any kind of END in sight...it just keeps coming and coming and coming.....

What I get to do is manage PAPERCLIPS, FAXES, AND SPREADSHEETS all day long, while blissfully tearing what little hair I have left OUT. It's amazing the amount of absolute crap the Department of Transportation requires in order for someone to drive a truck from point "A" to point "B" and back.

To be fair, it's only 13 things, it's just that these things are moved from point "A" to point "B" to point "D" to point "C", BACK to point "A" and finally to point "L9883.Re7".....and back to me.

Naturally, by the time I get a chance to read this fax it look as though a pixel threw up, blew up, and dissolved on a page. fortunatly, I have the originals or the second generation documents from when they went to point "F".

as a wise man said;

That which does not kill us...........

INJURES US!

...at any rate, it's a bear of a project that by the time it actually IS finished, both this woman and I will be regarded at as heroes, if not office Deities.

Back to the trenches....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home